Rules and Regulations
For Sponsors, Exhibitors, Vendors and Parade Participants
The Wilton Manors Entertainment Group, Inc. presents the Stonewall Pride Wilton Manors Parade and Street Festival (hereinafter referred to as "Event”) for the public as an educational and entertainment event. It reserves all rights as producers, including the right to reject any application submitted to us at our sole discretion, without explanation.
Sponsor/Exhibitor / Vendor (hereinafter referred to as "Applicant”) understands that Wilton Manors Entertainment Group, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “WMEG”) has legal possession and control of the Event venue located on Wilton Drive between
NE 20th St and NE 26th St June 17, 2023
pursuant to agreements with the City of Wilton Manors.
Applicant further understands that the use granted by WMEG hereunder is a License to Occupy only, and is not coupled with an interest in the property; that WMEG retains the right to terminate this License to Occupy at any time during the term of Applicants use if, in WMEG’s sole determination:
- Applicant creates a nuisance for WMEG, its other licensees, or its guests;
- Applicant is found to have changed and/or added to the use described in this application;
- Applicant is found to have falsified any of the statements contained in this application;
- Applicant’s use of premises in any other way interferes with the orderly and successful conduct of the Event space or violates any government laws or ordinances. In our continuous effort to make our event all-inclusive we encourage organizations and non-profit groups to contact our office if participation in our event is a hardship.
By reserving a booth Applicant agrees to comply with the following provisions:
- All business or other activity for which an Applicant has rented space must be conducted in Applicant’s designated area only. This prohibition also applies to distribution or solicitation of any kind outside your booth and in the aisles. You must operate within your booth confines.
- There will be a limited number of “same kind" Applicants. Applicants must submit a list of primary and alternate selling items of a diverse category. In the event of an excessive number of "same-kind" item or services, WMEG reserves the right to refuse an applicant or limit items offered. This policy is to ensure successful exhibition and/or sales by all vendors and limit duplication.
- Third party participation is strictly prohibited. Only one entity per booth is permitted without express written permission by WMEG. Animals/pets are NOT permitted within the Event area subject to guidelines set forth by the City of Wilton Manors. Exceptions can only be made for service animals.
- Non-profit Applicants that possess an IRS/State of Florida letter of determination under Section 501(c) of the Internal Revenue Code may be required to submit a copy of the organization's IRS Letter of Determination or exemption certificate.
- It is Applicant’s responsibility to deal with and pay appropriate State of Florida taxes and fees.
- SPACE ALLOCATION USE: Exhibitor and its agents shall confine presentation to the specified location and space size as set forth in its application and space permit. It shall not construct or place any material of any kind that extends beyond the confines of the allocated space. In addition to a booth area, WMEG will provide two chairs and one table. Amplified sound equipment, including but not limited to stereos, loudspeakers, and bullhorns, of any kind are NOT permitted. Additionally, Exhibitor shall not bring ATMs on site but may use hand-held credit card machines that function on cell phone technology.
- Dimensions of the space allocated to each vendor based on the number of spaces you order. Generally, spaces are 10 feet wide by 10 feet deep. Vendors shall not move to any other location outside their assigned booth.
- No alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages are to be consumed, sampled, distributed or sold within a booth, without express written permission by WMEG.
- Booth signage MUST be confined to and attached to the booth only. Signage may not extend beyond the booth in any direction over two (2) feet. Signage is not permitted to block adjacent spaces occupied by another vendor. No free standing signs placed more than two (2) feet from your booth.
- All trailers / vehicles used as part of an exhibit must fit within the existing EVENT booth dimensions. One (1) additional booth space may be purchased to accommodate a trailer or vehicle. Trailers / vehicles must be clean and must present an attractive, professional image consistent with the goals and purpose of EVENT.
- Vendors must stay within their assigned spaces and out of fire lanes at all times. It is the vendor’s responsibility to be aware of the fire lanes.
- No person shall deface or otherwise abuse the structures, plants or landscape.
- Electricity is not be provided as part of the booth rental. If Applicant requires electricity, they must either purchase the electricity option or provide their own generator. If the vendor provides their own generator, there is a $50 inspection fee must and meet any safety requirements of the City of Wilton Manors. Please contact email@example.com if you require electricity and plan to use a generator.
- Sound / sound systems are not permitted to be audible more than 10 feet from your booth.
- Volunteers / staff for booth are the Applicant’s responsibility. Please provide your staff / volunteers with a weekend telephone number in case they need to locate you or if they have problems.
- Applicant must be aware that possibly offensive material or products CAN NOT BE DISPLAYED.
- No weapons of any kind can be brought into the event area or sold at this event, which include but not limited to knives, swords, guns, etc.
- ALL APPLICANTS MUST HAVE LIABILITY INSURANCE in the amount of $1,000,000.00 naming Wilton Manors Entertainment Group, Inc as co-insured and are required to provide proof of such insurance. A copy of your current/active certificate of Insurance must be submitted to Wilton Manors Entertainment Group, Inc. no later than June 1, 2023. Event insurance can be purchased from Fournier Group for $65, https://www.totaleventinsurance.com/app/Customer/ExhibitorAnnual.aspx? eid=G_c9qKHgqP4$
- Non-food Applicants may NOT give away or sell any food product. No beverages, including sodas and bottled water, may be sold or given away from any vendor booth without the express written consent from WMEG. Violation of this rule will result in immediate closure without refund or recourse.
- Stonewall Pride is a rain or shine event, booth fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- WMEG is not liable for any cancellations caused by situations beyond our control, to include natural disasters or cancellations mandated by local, state or federal authorities. Funds received are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- A fee of $30 will be charged for all NSF or stop payment checks.
- WMEG is planning what we hope will be a fabulous Event. We hope it will prove to be a fun and profitable experience for you, however, we cannot and do not guarantee your sales or profits. WMEG does not promise Applicant a specific or estimated number of attendees at the event.
- Vendor vehicles are not allowed on the Drive for load-in purposes. There will be designated load-in areas for each section. Materials will need to be hand transported to the booth location. A VERY LIMITED number of vendors with vehicles will BY APPOINTMENT ONLY be allowed in on Saturday, June 17, 2023 between 11:30 am and 1 pm. Specific instructions included in the Exhibitor Packet. A vendor shall receive one (1) Vendor Access Pass for his/her vehicle. The Vendor Pass must be displayed in the vehicle’s front windshield to gain entry to the EVENT loading zone.
- Vendors shall only be allowed to enter the event to unload and load as instructed in the Exhibitor Packet. Vehicles left in the load-in area are subject to removal at the owner’s expense.
- Vendors and their employees shall park outside of the event perimeter. Limited paid parking may be available near the festival in designated parking areas. Booth cost does not include parking. No vendor shall bring his/her vehicle in the venue from the time the event has started until the time it ends.
- Health, Fire and Police Regulations
- Cooperation with the local health, fire and police department is essential. Vendors must be aware of and comply with code requirements. Only pedestrian traffic will be permitted in the fire lanes. Specific questions regarding the interpretation of codes should be directed to the appropriate agency.
- No open flames are allowed under the canopy areas.
- All use of propane in conjunction with cooking or heating must be pre-approved by the fire inspector before use.
- WMEG presents the annual Stonewall Pride Wilton Manors festival for the public as an educational and entertainment event and reserves all rights as producers. Any reproduction, broadcast, or commercial use of any portion of the event, in any form without explicit written consent of WMEG is strictly prohibited. WMEG may, at its discretion, film, photocopy or tape any and all portions of the Event for commercial use. By attending, participating and or by submitting this application you grant permission to utilize your image, likeness, actions and statements in any live or recorded audio, video, or photographic display or other transmission, exhibition, publication or reproduction made of, or at, the Event in any medium or context without further authorization or compensation.
- Applicant agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Wilton Manors Entertainment Group, Inc. and its officers, directors, employees, attorneys, agents, representatives, servants, volunteers, and assigns, and each of them, from any and all actions, causes of action, claims, damages, losses (including lost, damaged, or stolen Applicant property), liabilities, obligations, judgments, liens, indebtedness, costs, attorney fees, injuries or others, claims, which form the basis of pending litigation and demands of whatever kind or character which may result and/or arise from participation and or operation of said Applicant, vendor, or food booth.
- The Event is a rain or shine event. The Applicant agrees that in the event of acts of God, storms, floods, high winds that neither WMEG nor any of its employees or agents shall not be responsible for loss, damage, third party damages, claims or loss to property, persons or vessels.
- The Event will not be canceled less than 30 days prior to the scheduled date, except for extreme weather, natural disasters, or other reasons beyond WMEG’s control. In the event that cancellation of the event is caused by an “act of God” e.g., storm, flood, or fire or even acts of terrorism or riots, embargo, sabotage, flood, accident, fire, explosion, or due to compliance with an order of a court, an arbitrator, or government agency, Applicant shall not be entitled to a refund of sums paid to WMEG. WMEG will not be held liable to Applicant for any other damages.
- WMEG reserves the right to refuse any Exhibitor’s participation in the EVENT at any time and for any reason. Acceptance of payment does not constitute acceptance of the Exhibitor’s application. Rejected Exhibitors will receive a full refund no sooner than June 15, 2023. WMEG may eject an Exhibitor from the EVENT with no reentry, and such Exhibitors will not receive a refund.
- WMEG shall have no liability whatsoever for damage, of any nature, to any person, matter, or thing resulting from storm wind or water, or other acts of God, or imminent threat thereof, nor from fire, strikes, lockouts or a third party.
- Vendor shall be an independent contractor. The relationship between Vendor and WMEG does not create a joint venture, partnership, agency or employee/employer relationship between the parties for any purpose, including, but not limited to, taxes or employee benefits. Vendor will be solely responsible for payment of any and all wages, taxes, and insurance. This relationship shall not constitute a partnership between or joint venture by the parties or make either party the agent of the other. Neither party shall hold itself out otherwise nor shall either party become liable by any representation, act or omission of the other contrary to these provisions. Applicant is responsible for worker’s compensation coverage for your staff.
- This Agreement shall be construed and interpreted pursuant to the laws of the State of Florida applicable to agreements entered into and fully performed in Florida. If any provision is deemed to be unenforceable as written, it shall be modified so as to make it in its general interest, enforceable and as so modified shall form part of this Agreement. This Agreement and the schedules, exhibits and attachments constitutes the entire agreement between the parties on this subject matter.
- Under no circumstances and under no legal theory, tort, contract, or otherwise, shall either party or its affiliates or its suppliers or resellers be liable to the other party for any indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages of any character including, without limitation, personal injury, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, work stoppage, or any and all other commercial damages or losses, even if a party has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS PERTAIN TO FOOD VENDORS ONLY:
- All food Vendors are coordinated through Alpine Fruit and Ice and must provide to them all necessary certifications.
- All food concession vendors must be prepared to keep all food stored inside their allotted tent space and off the ground. All cooking or electrical appliances must conform to the fire code of the City of Wilton Manors.
- Hand-washing facilities must be provided within the temporary food facilities. Facilities for sanitary disposal of all liquid waste are required.
- All condiments are to be individually wrapped or dispensed from sanitary pour, pump or squeeze type devices.
- Vendor and its agents shall not sell or give away or otherwise distribute any product, food, drink or other item that is not specified in the Applicant’s application. Violation of this rule will result in immediate closure without refund or recourse.
- All concessions dealing with food items are required to obtain the appropriate permits from Broward County and the City of Wilton Manors and follow all food preparation and safety regulations.
- Food concession vendors using heat to cook with, and/or open flames, must cook in the open air, and not under a tent. The City of Wilton Manors fire marshal requires there to be open space adjacent to the rented 10-foot concession tent for cooking. All prep and sales must be conducted from inside the approved tented area.
- Vendor and its agents shall confine its booth to the specified location and space size as set forth in its application and booth space permit. It shall not construct or place any material of any kind that extends beyond the confines of the allocated space.
- Containers of butane or fuel must be affixed to a post or other secure item, but may not attach to site decorations or sets.
- All food vendors using heat and/or open flames must: provide fireproof containers for discarding ashes; provide one visibly mounted fire extinguisher rated A or B.
- Food concession vendors must control drainage and/or condensation.
- Food waste must be disposed of in the Applicant’s trash receptacles and then dumped into the large dumpsters provided. Vendor shall provide two (2) forty (40) gallon receptacles for public refuse and one (1) employee to empty trash into the dumpsters during the Event. The area around the food booth MUST be kept clean at all times! Food venders may not utilize the standard Event trash containers. All trash or debris from your booth and surrounding area is to be removed before leaving the EVENT.
- Running water is NOT provided. Food concession vendors must provide appropriate cleaning materials.
- Please insure that booth signage MUST be confined to and attached to the booth only. Signage may not extend beyond the booth in any direction over two (2) feet.